Re: Triumphs and roll overs

To: Billd13@aol.com, wsthompson@thicko.com, randallyoung@earthlink.net,
Subject: Re: Triumphs and roll overs
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:21:10 -0400
CASC rules allow the net to be mounted to the door if the door is
positively pinned shut while on the track.  This does not include the
normal door hardware - it must be a separate pin.  Which does not detract
in any way from the wisdom of mounting net to the roll cage, but since we
don't require front hoops in Vintage cars, it's tough to always have a cage
to mount the net to...

Brian

At 07:10 PM 07/25/2000 -0400, Billd13@aol.com wrote:
>A point that I noticed when helping to load the TR on jack's trailer. The
>window net was mounted to the door. This is an absolute no-no in SCCA. It
>must be mounted to the roll cage. I have been telling people this all season.
>When the door opens, as it did in this case, you lost the window net, thus
>the reason for mounting it to the roll cage. If anyone else out there has it
>mounted to the door, get it remounted to the cage so you will have a net when
>the door comes off.
>
>Bill Dalton, aka Slow (No Chord) Hand
>VSCDA Chief of Tech

Brian Evans