RE: Triumphs and roll overs

To: Sadek Charles H DLVA <SadekCH@nswc.navy.mil>,
Subject: RE: Triumphs and roll overs
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:23:01 -0400
You've got to think about safety issues, tho.  For example we have one
member who is morally certain that he should have big vented disc rotors
and calipers on his E-type, for safety reasons.  I'll admit that a 300 Hp
E-type is safer with brakes that can't fade, but this is really a
performance issue.

Me?  Any time someone comes to me and asks for full floating rear hubs, I'm
on board.  But we should be limiting the tires, I've finally come to agree,
to sizes and tread types more in line with what was available in the
day.  Dunlop makes tires to suit virtually every car, but they often don't
perform as well as other options, and they often wear quickly if you buy
the soft compound.  but they do stress the suspension less than a lot of
more modern choices.

Brian

Brian Evans
Director, Strategic Accounts