Re: Wire Wheels

To: <RodsINTOMG@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:53:28 -0700
I have read that  that is what is happening.  I do run wire wheels and
always tighten them untill the knock-off won't turn anymore with a hard blow
with a lead hammer.  They have never loosened, but because they start out
tight, I haven't noticed their tightening up either. I always make certain
that both the hub and wheel splines
are absolutley clean and then grease  them with "sta-lube" brand , boat
tailer and marine grease.  I also put a light coat of grease on the outer
taper of the wheel where the knock off pushes on the wheel to hold it in
place.

Regards, Greg  Solow