Re: Introduction

To: Susan <alfasun@esslink.com>
Subject: Re: Introduction
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 18:59:32 -0800
Susan wrote:

> Well put, Jim. There's a place for cars like this. I think they call it
> SCCA...or something.

Hey! Hey!

SCCA's much maligned reputation may be somewhat deserved in the "sports
Rambo" classes and others like it (get it, "IT") but their Vintage
Program (which is the area WE are most interested in, isn't it?) does
not.  Further, you'd be hard pressed to find a class for the vehicle
under discussion even in SCCA; considering the age, I doubt if HSR has a
class for it either (except for Sports Runs).  On the other hand, the
owner did ask for suggestions and I believe that's what he needs at this
point - the suggestion of doing some Solo I events at Road Atlanta was
an excellent one.  In this manner, he may learn how to control the car
without endangering himself or other drivers/vehicles.  Once he becomes
proficient, perhaps he will be in a position to decide exactly what type
of racing really interests him.

I wish him luck!

*8o)