Re: Insurance Question

To: Gary <speckman@coredcs.com>
Subject: Re: Insurance Question
From: "Christopher H. Kang, MD" <chkangmd@qnis.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 21:38:12 -0800
Gary wrote:

> It is becoming somewhat common for employers Health/Medical insurance to
> exclude coverage for injuries resulting from "dangerous" activities or
> sports.  Often times, specific sports/activities are mentioned,......

interesting question (it made me go check my policy for exclusions). i
know the SCCA does collection of general incidents per their central
offfice. i don't know if the data is public info. i did a quick check in
my usual internet medical resources and found nothing under the medical
field-maybe under an insurance category/search would be more productive.
good luck convincing your employer to delete/modify an exclusion. i
would guess only a large employer (>100 people) would be able to
renegotiate something like that.

So for everyone else out there: how would you get your racetrack
injuries paid for? the insurance will eventaully determine that an auto
was involoved, then they would inquire as to automobile insurance
coverage, etc. trust me, if there is a way the insur. comp. doesn't have
to pay out a claim, then they will find it. hey,someone has to ask the
nasty questions. chk.