tvr

Re: Tuning 2500

To: Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca, tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tuning 2500
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 22:35:55 EDT
In a message dated 00-06-15 19:54:36 EDT, Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca writes:

<<
 Are you aware, or anybody else on the list, what differential ratios are
 readily available for the TR6 diff cars? I have the 3.46:1 ratio, and the
 standard TR6 3.7:1, but I am looking for something numberically higher
 (4.1:1 or 4.3:1). What cars did they come in, and how tough is it to find
 them?

 Stephen >>

Stephen,

Ted Schumacher might be able to help.  Several days ago he said he had a 4.1
and a 4.3 diff for a TR6.  Don't know if they were complete "lockers", open
diffs, or just ring and pinions.

Ted owns TSI Imports in Pandora Ohio.  He has a website,
www.tsimportedautomotive.com

I suggest you get in touch with him FAST!!!  Check the site for a phone # and
call, don't rely on email when hard to find parts become available!

The way I understand it, 4.1 ring and pinion was installed by Triumph on
TR3's and 4's fitted with overdrive.  Not sure about how it went with the
TR6, but Ted will know.

He also had some other trick TR6 parts......

Good luck!

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA