gearbox mount

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: gearbox mount
From: jim.wallace@netscape.ca
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:58:30 -0800
<<I ask for pity as I've never driven a Triumph nor even seen a
Triumph engine running while the bonnet (hood) is up!

THAT has NOTHING to do with the price of tea in China, Paul.

LEARNING and accepting what IS know would, think??

Wish I had the "free" time to go thru archives to be able to tell you how
long ago I TOLD you NOT to seperate.

As much as it may gaul you, I can STILL have re-built.

But it ain't my a** and you don't live close enough to me for me to
worry<VBG>!!!

Just feel sorry for property around you and hoping SINCERELY that neither
you or anyone else gets hurt from your brake failure.

Merry Christmas ALL!!!

Ed
===========================
Ed,
It really sounds like from what you say, that unless Paul gets his brake
calipers assembled by you, they will fail. I have done more than a few
calipers in my time and discovered that they are actually, not complicated.
None have failed after I rebuilt them. Of course one must take great care
with brakes, couldn't agree with you more.
On my 3a brakes, it turns out that I would have had certain brake failure
if I had NOT split the calipers, as the O-rings had completely
deteriorated, so I no longer agree with the policy that one must never take
them apart. And, having put them back together all by myself, I am relieved
that I no longer risk certain brake failure; in fact, seeing as they are
brakes and I therefore treated them with due respect, I was extra
careful...and this is just what Paul says he is doing.
I think someone with as much experience as you often say you have could
help the people on this list a lot, and that would certainly be
appreciated. I must confess though, I do not understand your frequent
fear-mongering; it doesn't help anyone, and, it may also be losing you
business.
All the best for the holidays,
Jim
And by the way, the small bolts get torqued to 45 pounds, the large ones to
75.

===     http://www.vtr.org