Re: gearbox mount

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: Re: gearbox mount
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:21:58 -0800
I believe that what JVV is referring to is the rubber portion of the mount
itself.  I did say the mount bolts to the frame member, not the
transmission, so I don't think there is any conflict there. The mount does,
in fact, have a piece of rubber sandwiched between 2 pices of steel.  The
lower piece of steel bolts directly to the frame
member, the upper to the trans. If the steel plates are not firmly attached
to that chunk of hard rubber, get a new mount.
Bob