Re: Money Matters

To: Martin Secrest <msecrest@voanews.com>
Subject: Re: Money Matters
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:43:06 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, David Hammond <d_hammond@charter.net> i72Hhat2004961
Message text written by Martin Secrest
>I don't know what could come of his getting a facsimile of the cheque a
few days before I come to get the bike; obviously he wants to know that
the instrument will be good, but isn't having the cheque itself "prima
facia" evidence of its worth?
<

I have no experience with this but his bank should be willing to verify the
authenticity of the cashier's cheque before hand.  There have been scams
involving phoney caxhier's cheques and it is quite likely that this is what
he is afraid of.  If he and/or you explained to his/your bank what is going
on and what the concerns are they might advise another funds transfer
vehicle or a way of pre-verifying the authenticity of the cheque.

Dave