Re: Rat Roadsters

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rat Roadsters
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:52:04 -0400
> mine  really is  a rat roadster  at  the  moment  the rats just  got
kicked
> out,

I pulled my '59 TR3A restoration project out of a garage where it had sat
since 1973.  For 30 years, delinquent racoons had busted into the joint and
left deposits of racoon droppings in various stages of dried decay, that
balooned into fecal dust as I toiled all day to break the wheels free enough
to push it out of the garage.  When I die, it will be of racoon lung
syndrome.

I drove the car on a trailer from New York to New Hampshire, and stopped at
a Power Wash to blast as much of that yuck off as possible, and still had
piles to deal with as I dismantled the car to the frame.  (Amazing the small
places a big racoon can find to relieve itself on an LBC.  I can teach a
seminar if anyone wants....)

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A  (Off the frame and in pieces, but they're CLEAN pieces, and the
frame, suspension, brakes, engine, tranny are back on the car!)