TR3 transmission rebuild

To: " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 transmission rebuild
From: "Mike Denman" <mikedenman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 12:54:31 -0700
I am seeking recommendations on where to have my 1962 TR3A overdrive
transmission rebuilt. I am not a big fan of doing the same job twice so I am
looking for someone who is really good, price is somewhat a secondary concern.
The transmission and overdrive have been working well but now first gear and
reverse have got an auditable clicking sound that increases and decreases with
road speed which sounds like a broken tooth? As long as the transmission is
out I would want to have the entire unit looked at and rebuilt replacing any
worn or questionable parts. All new seals etc.So, the question is where to
send the transmission. I am located in the San Francisco area so a
recommendation for someone who is close would be nice but if I have to box and
ship the transmission to get the "best rebuild" then it really doesn't matter
much where the shop is as long as they are very good and experienced with the
TR3 overdrive transmissions.
Thanks for your help.
Mike Denman
1962 TR3A