Re: TR3 transmission rebuild

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 transmission rebuild
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 23:25:23 +0100
Hi Randall
Not so Humble Eh?
I will agree with the fact that there are always going to be people like
Herman, I tend to count these people out as often their price is enough to
stop a lot of people using them. I was making a general point about general
reconditioners, those between Herman and the paint brush reconditioned type!
I guess I have grown accustomed to doing my own rebuilds including diffs, as
I am a toolmaker (now redundant!) and an eye for detail and accuracy and a
belief in myself as an engineer being better than most, (though always
willing to learn from an expert and or the mistakes of others) means I
forget others may miss details, and not be able to figure the little missing
bits from the manuals as easy as I can. Also I have tended to spend quite a
lot of time around people who have worked on these cars and learned a lot of
tricks from earwigged conversations.

Graham.