Re: TR3 transmission rebuild

To: "Mike Denman" <mikedenman@sbcglobal.net>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 transmission rebuild
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:13:27 -0700
From: "Mike Denman" <mikedenman@sbcglobal.net>
To: " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 12:54 PM
Subject: TR3 transmission rebuild

> I am seeking recommendations on where to have my 1962 TR3A overdrive
> transmission rebuilt.

 I am located in the San Francisco area so a
> recommendation for someone who is close would be nice but if I have to box
and
> ship the transmission to get the "best rebuild" then it really doesn't
matter
> much where the shop is as long as they are very good and experienced with
the
> TR3 overdrive transmissions.
> Thanks for your help.
> Mike Denman

Mike,
TriumphTravelers had a transmission Tune 'n Tech at a place in Walnit
Creek - not far from San Francisco.  Check out the story on our web site:
http://www.triumphtravelers.org/Events/Tune-n-tech/transtunetech/Transtunetech.php

We weren't doing an overdrive that day, but I understand this shop has a lot
of expertise in that area. That was my only experience with them, but the
club member that arranged the event, a retired machinist, thinks very highly
of them.

 I also wouldn't hesitate to use Fremont Automotive in Fremont, CA. That's
where we normally have Tune 'n Techs and the cheif mechanic, Reiner Wolf, is
very adept at all repairs on these cars. Neither shop specializes only in
transmissions, but if you want to avoid shipping, they can get the job done
for you.  They phone number is (510) 656-0490.  Why don't you come to the
TTSCC club meeting this Wednesday,  you can talk to the owner in person.

Bob