RE: A paradox, was: Designer leaks

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, adatesman@speakeasy.net
Subject: RE: A paradox, was: Designer leaks
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:30:23 +0000 FILETIME=[09551C90:01C346DF]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, mhooper@pix-cinema.com
>But I have a friend who lives in England (Cheshire) who loves the stuff.
>Pays premium for it.  It was rather ironic when we went out to dinner and
>there would be a bottle of Bud in front of him and a bottle of Bass in
>front of me.  (this was in the Bay area and a good pint of bitter was
>nowhere to be found)

  It's certainly odd... Many years ago when I was in the Air Force and
stationed in the Philippines, the"
  beer of last resort" was San Miguel. At .35 cents per bottle it was what
you were relegated to just
  before pay day. You overlooked the awful taste (5% formadehyde) for the
sake of being sociiable.

  I was truly shocked to find out the stuff was considered a "world class"
beer when I saw it back in the
  states...

  I'm with you though Ray, gimme a nice British brew any day... Speaking
British brews, have you tried
  any from Wychwood Brewery in Oxfordshire? Mighty fine... You will love
their "Black Wych" stout...
  very smooth and creamy.

  Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)