RE: A paradox, was: Designer leaks

To: <greenman62@hotmail.com>, <105671.471@compuserve.com>, <adatesman@speakeasy.net>
Subject: RE: A paradox, was: Designer leaks
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:24:44 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
  It's certainly odd... Many years ago when I was in the Air Force and
stationed in the Philippines, the"
  beer of last resort" was San Miguel. At .35 cents per bottle it was
what
you were relegated to just
  before pay day. You overlooked the awful taste (5% formadehyde) for
the
sake of being sociiable.

  I was truly shocked to find out the stuff was considered a "world
class"
beer when I saw it back in the
  states...

  I'm with you though Ray, gimme a nice British brew any day... Speaking

British brews, have you tried
  any from Wychwood Brewery in Oxfordshire? Mighty fine... You will love

their "Black Wych" stout...
  very smooth and creamy.

Same thing everywhere.  As a youth, I occasionally made it down south of
the border for nefarious purposes where I would pay a nickel a bottle
for "La Cervesa Mas Fina" (Corona).  Now that it is an imported
specialty beer, it costs right up there with all the good imports from
Germany and elsewhere.

Joe