Re: Ignition fault question

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition fault question
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 16:58:09 EDT
Thanks again.  I'm measuring 12V at the battery with both ignition off and
running.  Given your last reply, is it possible my problem is in the ignition
switch?  I haven't owned this 6 very long but both of my former cars had
significant problems with the electrical side of the ignition switch and I've
noticed with this one there is not a clear sense of the switch moving from
one position to the next.  For example, if I "touch" the key too hard while
in the "on" position it kills the ignition without the key moving to the
"off" position. While this might seem more like mechanical wear, I wonder if
it impacts the electrical side as well.

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6