RE: Ignition fault question

To: <Mickylong@aol.com>, <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[A8F2FD80:01C26175] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g8LDnGT24152
Subject: RE: Ignition fault question
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 08:49:08 -0500 cpqcorp.net>
Micky,

I suggest you buy the self-published book by Dan Masters called "Triumph
TR250-TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook".

It's the first book I bought for my car and it's paid for itself many
times over.

The last email address I had for Dan was DANMAS@aol.com.  The book is
close to 200 pages and is around $25.

Bill
74 TR6
Atlanta

Randall,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I checked voltage and I'm getting a solid
15
volts there.  My dash gauge is also showing solid charge at idle that
increases under acceleration.  So I guess I keep looking.  Is it
possible
that I've somehow introduced a short in the system -- I did have the
whole
interior out and had disconnected seat belt connections and interior
light
connection.  My instincts tell me this isn't the problem since a short
would
cause a failure or blown fuse, but I'm not sure where to look next.

Any ideas?

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6