help wiring the ignition

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: help wiring the ignition
From: PeterSchop@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 01:32:10 EDT
Now that I have the body off, I have been getting the engine ready to start
for the first time in five years. Now I have never seen the engine run but I
was told that when the car caught on fire, it ran good. We will see.

I need a little help in wiring the ignition. Here is what I have done so far.
I have the battery sitting on the frame. I hooked the negative cable to one
of the bell housing bolts. The positive goes from the battery to the
solenoid. A cable goes from the solenoid to the starter. Here is where I need
help. Next I want to run a 14 ga wire from the solenoid to the coil? Does it
matter which terminal I take off the solenoid? Which terminal on the coil do
I hook it up to?  Next I want to run another 14ga wire from the coil to the
distributor. Which terminal do I come off of?

My next question deals with the temperature gage. Can I wire this up with it
off the car? The back of the gage has two terminals. I would think that one
would go to the temperature sending unit and the other to ground.  Hanes
states that the "system comprises of a temperature transmitter, located in
the thermostat, a voltage stabilizer and temperature gage." Is the voltage
stabilizer necessary for the gage to work?

Thanks in advance,
Peter Schoppelry
'63 TR4