Pertronix reliability

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Pertronix reliability
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 22:34:08 -0400
Over the years I have read about how people keep a set of points in their
car in case their electronic ignition breaks down. I haven't paid too much
attention but now am wondering whether it was Pertronix that had some
problem with the part that goes on the shaft of the distributor i.e.
replaces the points.
Some Ferguson owners are contemplating electronic ignition (they want to do
a faster quarter mile with a two-furrow plough I guess) so the experience
of you LBC owners would be appreciated by our cousins with LBTs.
TIA,
JIm