Re: TR3 V8 Conversion

To: twakeman@cruzers.com, kmr@pil.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 V8 Conversion
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 14:24:04 FILETIME=[D4B21230:01C0F5A6]
>Your Chevy II with a four cylinder engine hitting a brick wall at 60 MPH
>will get the same damage as a Chevy II with the 396 SS option hitting a
>brick wall at 60 MPH.  This assumes they both weigh the same.

  I disagree with this. However, the "damage difference" may be so small
  as to be not worthy of mention. The difference will come from the
  difference in mass of the 6 as opposed to the mass of the 4.  I
  believe that all cars today are designed to absorb impact in
  a "relatively" controlled way. The engine/tranny are considered in
  this formula. The 6 and all its accessories will weigh more than the 4
  and all its accesories. This should have some bearing on how much
  damage it taken by the vehicle.

  Hey! This is splitting hairs... When it comes right down to it the
  insurance company will "total" both cars and we motoring enthusiasts
  will not shed a tear as 2 P.O.S.s have ceased to be:O)

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)