Re: TR3A commission number

To: <Herald948@aol.com>, <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: TR3A commission number
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:52:37 -0000
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
    Andy Mace wrote:
    Normally, I wouldn't question John, but I was under the impression that
the
    initial number indicating assembly elsewhere than Coventry (or Solihull or
    Speke or...) came some time in the 1960s and was not normally used during
the
    production years of the TR3A. (Heck, why not open up another tangent of
    discussion on this topic, eh?)
    And the timing of their introduction was a bit foggy for me too, so I
wasn't sure either. I was fairly confident someone would come up with a more
plausible explanation. If anything has come out of this topic for me, it's
finally seeing a definitive list and numbers of the different locations.
Thanks Andy
    John