Re: TR3A commission number

To: John Macartney <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: TR3A commission number
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 14:36:33 -0700
John,
Dave and I have been comparing notes on the subject of these Canadian cars with
the single digit prefix and have discovered that in no observed case
was the prefix more than one digit removed from the last digit of the actual
build date.

In some cases it was the same as the build date and others it was one year
later.  This causes us to conclude that the most likely scenario is that
upon import the digit was added to declare the year model according to the
North American practice of extending the model from Fall to Fall.
Interestingly, the practice seems to have been abandoned about the time the
North American Safety and Emissions legislation went into effect.

Interesting about that much traveled car you mention.  It would probably have
been much cheaper to sell the car locally and buy another upon arrival!
But then there is no accounting for the attachment we seem to develop for these
cars!!   :)

Regards,
Joe