Re: Another Front Suspension Question

To: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com, owner-triumphs@autox.team.net, technical@iwnet.screaming.net, KMNTR6@aol.com
Subject: Re: Another Front Suspension Question
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 01:50:47 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I've never looked on a Triumph rotor but I'm going to look.  On most rotors
(at least on U.S. cars) there is a minimum thickness cast somewhere.  The
only time I've had a problem in turning a rotor (or drum for that matter) was
when I had a cheapo third world import part.  It was already at the limit
when it was new (this happened once when I was servicing the brakes on a '71
Dodge Challenger and the drum had cost $90 new but was only worth a buck
fifty).  You'd be surprized at what people want you to do to their brakes
because they don't want to spend the money, even more stupid when you
consider they have their three children with them.  Them wrecking won't be on
my conscience.

        Michael