Re: Theft Proofing

To: "List, Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Theft Proofing
From: "Paul g. Wiegman" <pwiegman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 11:20:22 -0400
Agreed, but I don't have a Chevette.  However the removing the D Cap and taking
the
rotor is the ultimate.  I suspect that there are very few car thieves the has a
spare rotor in their pocket.  The battery cutoff switch also works well
especially
if it is well hidden, maybe you can get an former Triumph designer or engineer
(just kidding) to do the job.  A second cut-off adds another measure of
security.

I've been told by local police that the chances of an older TR, 2,3,3a is very
unlikely to be taken because of they stand out and have no value of the black
market parts scene.  People steal cars for parts more than to have the car.  The
only problem is the joy rider, and I don't think may of these people will
experience "joy" in a TR.

Paul g. Wiegman
TR-3 1956