Re: Theft Proofing

To: SpeedSites@aol.com
Subject: Re: Theft Proofing
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 06:44:41 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
SpeedSites@aol.com wrote:

> Guys-
>
> Ay thoughts on theft proofing a TR6? I live in Los Angeles and LBC's like to
> walk away here. Other than never parking it for more than 20 seconds, any
> ideas appreciated. I have a Club (that covers and locks over the steering
> wheel hub as well) and a pedal lock, but these are cosmetic at best.

According to my friend who is a cop, a Club will last 10-15 seconds if
the thief has a hacksaw, the amount of time it would take to hacksaw the
steering wheel and pull the Club.

My TR6 has an electric fuel pump, and I have a hidden cutoff switch. I
also have a master electric power disconnect on my car. That wasn't
installed as an anti-theft device, but it does help.

Whatever you do, you can not theft proof any car. You can only make it
more theft resistant.

Good luck,

Irv
74 TR6 CF22767U