RE: Theft Proofing - switch locations anyone?

Subject: RE: Theft Proofing - switch locations anyone?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:16:37 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Randall Young wrote:

> I like the 'indirection' approach : wire something trivial (like the dash
> lights) to a different switch, then use the original switch as the kill
> switch.  To get really fancy, add a three position switch in a
> not-too-hidden location that activates a red LED in one position, and a
> siren in another.  Make the siren latch 'on' for about 30 seconds.

I've heard of someone replacing the 2-position (on/off) wiper switch with
a 3-position - a la headlights.  First register is 'run', second is
wipers.

I think maybe some psychological weapons might help.  A big rottweiler
collar dangling from the mirror.  A book with title like "How to stop
maiming stupid car thieves" on the passengers' seat.

Or that voice-command thing we had a short thread on some time back...
when the alarm goes off, it pumps out 150 watts of a voice shouting "Help!
Help!  Someone's stealing meee!!!"

-Malcolm "Shut the door, this ain't your car"
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm