Re: TR6-wiring an electric fuel pump

To: kehrlich@dyax.com
Subject: Re: TR6-wiring an electric fuel pump
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:34:55 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Keith,

You asked:

A number of folks at VTR suggested I replace my mechanical fuel pump
with a low pressure electric pump to better feed the Webers. In the
interest of safety, how could the electric pump be wired to guarantee
its shutoff in the event of a collision? I heard one concept about
routing the wiring through the oil pressure sensor, which sounded nifty.
Any other suggestions?

The later MGBs and Jaguar Series I,II,III have an inertia cutoff switch designed
for this situation.  It will cut power to the pump, even if the engine is still
running.  I have a cutoff on my firewall.  I find it useful when working on the
engine.  I can easily manually trip the cutoff so I don't activate the fuel pump
when cranking the engine.

Hope this helps.

Dave,
San Diego, Ca