Re: TR6-wiring an electric fuel pump

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: TR6-wiring an electric fuel pump
From: kehrlich@dyax.com (Keith S. Ehrlich)
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 16:45:03 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Andrew Mace wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, George Richardson wrote:
>
> > Many cars with an electric pump, including the Stag, have an inertial cutoff
> > switch. Why not see if you can purchase one of these? If you run the pump
> > through the oil pressure switch, the car won't start until you've been
> > cranking the engine a bit.
>
> Actually that might be a GOOD thing: engine not starting until a bit of
> oil pressure has developed. ;-)

Seriously, Randall Young suggested a seperate switch off the oil sender
that would close when pressure hit around 10-15 psi, which would do just
what you suggest in addition to acting as a cutoff. Not a bad idea.
After all, I have one of those Ignitor gadgets in my ignition system and
the dang car starts right away every time-probably ruining the rings and
valves! ;-)

Keith