Re: TR6-wiring an electric fuel pump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6-wiring an electric fuel pump
From: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@mrdog.msl.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:28:52 -0400
I finally finished digging through, cleaning up and rejuvenating my
collection of carburettors, (three-and-a-half pairs of 1-1/4 inch
SUs).  Looks like I have one good pair, one OK pair, one pair needing
choke linkage parts and one front carb that is a collection of loose
and leftover bits, but mostly complete.

Some questions arose as I did all this:

One pair is H2 (near as I can figure; definitely not HS, HIF or HD.)
The choke actuating linkage is missing the bellcrank that mounts to
the carb body, and the rod that connects that bellcrank to the jet.
It does have the pivot bolt for the bellcrank.  I also have no idea
how the two carbs' choke mechanisms were oriented and how their
action was coordinated.

One of the H2s is missing the banjo fitting on the inlet; I believe it
is the front carb.  Was there an AN (flare) fitting used on this model
like the othe banjo fitting I have?  Or is the flare fitting (brazed
on in a decidedly non-factory manner) an oddity?

What vehicles were the H2s fitted to?  TSSC shows H1 fitted to the 948
Herald (that's the currently-installed engine on my spit); now I can't
find the item (web or paper) showing H2s used on MG-TC and -TD (if
memory serves).

For the HS2s, are there any options to worn throttle shafts and bushes
other than rebushing?  Any recommended rebushers?

Any sources for the little T-section washers that fit in the choke
actuating link (between the screw and the plastic jet holder)?  I
found only one 'midst all the stuff I had.

I guess that's enough for now.  Replies off-list are fine; if I get
any requests for a summary, I will post it for all.

Thanks,
Donald.  (Playing with _his_ toy.)