Re: how do I patch leaking gas tank

To: Winnie Olmer <who@sover.net>
Subject: Re: how do I patch leaking gas tank
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 11:47:48 +0100
Cc: "'List - Triumphs Team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Winnie

Careful with the Eastwoods gas tank sealer    - I used it on my TR4
tank, and although it worked OK for a couple of years it eventually
started flaking off and blocking the petrol pipe -  I had a lot of
trouble until I bought a new tank.    I have a TR2 tank in a similar
condition to yours - I intend to remove the bottom, rusty part and
replace it with new metal, either using braze or a MIG welder. It is
possible to patch up tanks with fibre glass but it has to be done very
carefully - personally I don't like the idea in case it leaks !

--
Cheers
Brian Johnson  (Loughborough UK)