???????????rear springs TR3a

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ???????????rear springs TR3a
From: "angelia cole" <shang@sonet.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:54:25 -0600
Hello everone,
  I have a question concerning the leaf springs of my TR3. I am rather
inexperienced about TR's in general as this is my firsttime to own one, let
alone try to restore it. Currently in the midst of disassembly, all the way
to frame, getting ready to sandblast. While removing rear axle and springs
I noticed a spacer of about 1/4" between axle and spring on passenger side
only( drivers side axle sits directly on spring). Is this the way it is
supposed to be , or do I have someting wrong?Thanks in advance for any
help.
Shannon Cole
59 TR3 ts61895 (that needs help)