Re: ???????????rear springs TR3a

To: angelia cole <shang@sonet.net>
Subject: Re: ???????????rear springs TR3a
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:36:35 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Shannon,

Yes, that's right. Often these are removed or switched to the other side
of the car, as it often begins to sag a bit more on the driver's side as
the springs reach a mature age.

Mostly for racing purposes, various amounts of shims can be added to
lower and/or level the car, or to change the front/rear bias slightly
(lower in the back to reduce "nose-dive" in hard braking situations).

I have two extra 1/4" steel shims per side, and am making up 6 to 8 more
from 1/4" aluminum, to adjust as needed.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L

--