TR4 broken clutch tapered pin

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 broken clutch tapered pin
From: GERARD_WINN@HP-France-om9.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:02:08 +0100
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text

     Hello Triumph Fans,

     While changing the clutch in my 1963 TR4, I've found that the tapered
     pin, which holds the clutch release arm onto the spindle, has broken
     in half. I see that Moss recommend changing this to a hardened type of
     pin, so I've ordered a new one. Unfortunately, half the pin is still
     stuck in the hole! Access is very difficult, and even after several
     days of WD40 and gentle knocking, it just won't budge.

     Does anyone have any ideas of how to get it out? The best idea I have
     so far is to drill a small hold in the arm on the other side, and try
     to tap it out with a bluntened nail.

     Gerard Winn
     1963 TR4