TR6 Tires

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Tires
From: Robert Laing <robertla@interchange.ubc.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:48:19 -0800 (PST)
This is just a thought, and I'm wondering what others think about it.  I
currently have a 76 TR6 with good condition 185-15 redline michelin
radials.  However, I am trying to look into the furure, and I have
inquired about how much it would cost me to purchase new redlines.  They
are so expensive!  Therefore, I am thinking I may buy and use other tires
for the car, and save the redlines for sometime in the future when I
decide to sell the car, as I thought it may increase the value of the car.
Please let me know your opinion on this topic.
        How much would it increase the value on the car?
        What other tires should I use on the car?
        I have some fairly warn redlines.  Is there anything I can do with
        them?
Thanks very much!!
Take Care,
Rob Laing