RE: TR6 Tires

To: rcarley@uoguelph.ca, robertla@interchange.ubc.ca
Subject: RE: TR6 Tires
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 16:15:45 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
You're probably echoing the common sentiment, Bob. I have been running on
Michelin XAS ('the redline without the red line') since I got my car in
1979, and have not really had anything to complain about. I have a
half-dozen redlines in the garage from parts cars, and I've kept them since
they are the proper size, but a neighbour put a set of 185-15 Avons on his
car, and they look and handle superbly! Redlines have a terrible reputation,
particularly in the wet, as do all Michelin Xs since day 1 (from the
anniversary issue of the TR Register, I recall a reproduction of the first
Register newsletter from 1970 having an article by Ken Richardson on that
very subject!). If concours points is the concern, keep a spare set on rims,
otherwise play safe!