Re: Directional signals

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Directional signals
From: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com (Kinderlehrer's)
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 23:18:07 -0500 (EST)
I can help a little with the removal part, but as I recall, you don't have
to take it out to examine the cancelling mechanism.  If you do need to
replace the head then to remove it:
1) disconnect the wires under the hood that go up the steering column (or
if you are replacing it with a new one, you could just cut them until you
are ready to reinstall, but disconnect the battery since the horn wire is
hot as I recall).  New heads come with the wires attached.

2) loosen the 3 set screws in the back of the steering wheel.

3) the head should pull off the steering column and the wires will follow.

If memory serves, that's all there is to it, but then I am getting a little
old a senile.

Bob