Re: Directional signals

To: sweisman@gis.net
Subject: Re: Directional signals
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 20:47:22 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 12/2/98 5:46:29 PM EST, sweisman@gis.net writes:

<< My directional signal lever is only self-canceling on one side.  I have to
 return the other side manually.  Can this be repaired, or does the control
 head have to be replaced?
Possibly but you have to remove the stator tube/control head to get to it.
With this out you should be able to access the "guts" of the control head,
lots of little parts - a bit like watch repair. But you might as well as you
have to do this to replace it anyway.

 What's involved in removing it?  If I want to replace the steering wheel at
 the same time, do I need a wheel puller for that?  I have never taken off
 either one.
 Disconnect the wires from the c-head harness, loosen the stator tube nut in
the front of the steering box, and undo the 3 grub screws in the side of the
steering wheel. The thing should pull out of the steering wheel. Carefully!!
And since it's about 5 ft long a helper is a real good idea. Steering wheel
doesn't have to come off but you have to take out the c-head to remove the
wheel. If you want to replace the steering wheel do it then. Your arms should
be all the puller you need, once you remove the nut holding the wheel on!

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4