Re: hardy MGB driver

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (IPM Return Requested)
Subject: Re: hardy MGB driver
From: William Elliott <William.Elliott@mail.mei.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 9:02:14 -0500
James Tschaikowsky writes:  <<I don't mean to be insulting to any
 truck fan's out there, each to their own I say. But could someone
please tell me what the hell is so cool about owning a truck! Sure
they have presence, but they look horribly utilitarian and handle
atrociously. Can anyone out there explain what I'm missing.>>

I use mine to:
1. To haul British and other classic car parts.
2. To tow new and/or inoperable British and other classic cars.
3. To drive when snow depth covers British car bonnet.
4. To drive when mud depth covers British car bonnet.
5. To drive when state spreads "Triumph Dissolver" on highway.

In other words, indispensable, but definitely not invincible.  Almost
anything drives better on the highway. I use an Audi Quattro for
normal winter commuting.  In my world, there is no "sport"
in "sport utility vehicle".

(Back when good British bodies were a bit more common, my
winter drivers were always MGB's and Midgets.  Up to about
4" of snow, they went better than most other RWD cars.)

Bill Elliott
Lake Mills, WI
TR6 and other toys, Ford Bronco workhorse