hardy MGB driver

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: hardy MGB driver
From: "Thomas Carney" <panacea19@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 13:09:16 PDT
  I can't resist on this one.  I was in Prescott, Arizona for a short
lived semester with my Bugeye.  It isnot that far from Flagstaff but
the town geniouses decided to get rid of there plows a few yeaers
back.  Well when it was time for me to catch my flight back home from
Pheonix a mighty snowstorm hit that morning.  Regardless I was
determined to make it to Pheonix.  So cruising down the snow covered
highway in my little Bugeye at about 20mhp freezing my but off.
Windows fogging every 2 minutes and one wiper that has stopped due to
the fact that there was too much snow for it too push that it just
popped off.  Then all of a sudden vrooom a huge Dodge 4by4 passes me
doing about 40mph.  About 5min down the road there it is on the side
of the road stuck in a drainway.  I waas grinnig and scared at the
same time.  It was funny that my car was passing this stuck mamouth
but at the same time I thought to myself if he can't stay on the road
how can I.  I quickly got that answer when I had to stop to get on
the next highway.  I couldn't get moving again, well atleast not
straight!  So I had to call the drive off and stay at a hotel in
town.  I was stuck there for another 3 days.  Meanwhile in Pheonix it
was 70...weird.
One thing I don't understand is why people think that 4by4s are
invincible to snow.  4by4 does not turn snow into a dry grippy
pavement......
Tom

'60 Bugeye Sprite(the begining)
'68 GT6+(to be college car)
'60 Rover P4100(father son bonding prodject)
Everthing Breaks Sometime
Now on the Web- http://members.aol.com/gt6in/ok/home.html