RE: wiring question

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: wiring question
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 15:22:15 -0600
Thanks to the many replies and suggestions regarding pre-oiling setups
for engines. Based on the info, I have decided to ignore this issue for
now. Largely because:

a) it seems cranking the engine without letting it fire introduces gas
into the cylinders, and
b) I don't want to buy a proper pre-oiling setup just now.

BTW, I was not saying it is better to crank the engine until pressure
and then letting it start. The benefits I was referring to were when
comparing the stress on an engine cranked by the starter to achieve oil
pressure versus the stress on an engine which is already firing and
still hasn't built up pressure. I originally thought the situations were
essentially the same but thanks to the earlier discussion I was made
aware of the additional stresses which a firing engine has placed upon
it (higher rpms even at idle, the stress on the crank of the pistons
being moved by the combustion, etc.)

Thanks again for the replies.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)