Re: Wobbles

To: bill@flextrim.com
Subject: Re: Wobbles
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 98 14:36:27 PDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
William Hofmann wrote:
        >Has anyone exeperienced the following...
        >I puchased a '73 TR6 and at 60 MPH the front end shimmys so...
        >I replace the rubber rack & pinion mount bushings with the solid =
        >aluminium ones and it still shimmys so...
        >I balance and align the front end and it still shimmys so...
        >I repack the front wheel bearings and it still shimmys so..
        >I replace all the bushings on the front end, install new tie rod ends,
=
        >new trunions(sp?) , lower ball joints and shocks and the &*^%$%&^
thing =
        >still shimmys.
        >I am running out of things to replace.  Anyone got an idea?

Have you checked your tyres for roundness?  Just getting them balanced
is not enough.  Some tyres (eg BFG - ask me how I know!) have a really
bad habit of developing flat spots even after the car has sat for only
a short while.  Take it to a tyre dealer, they should have the equipment
for this test.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego