Re[2]: Throw-out bearing noise?

To: "bschwart@pacbell.net" <bschwart@pacbell.net>, "Shane F. Ingate" <ingate@shiseis.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Throw-out bearing noise?
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 16:12 -0800
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
     Shane wrote:
That is interesting.  When I had my clutch rebuilt 7 years ago, the
mechanic had trouble finding OE throw-out bearings and had to use a
"lesser" bearing (I think he said Borg & Beck - I didnt know ANYTHING
about Triumphs back then!).  From day 1, it has made a noise when
I depress the clutch which sound to me like the clutchplates rattling.
It has made that sound for 7 years and 20K miles and with seemingly
no other problems.

Should I be worried?  *gulp*
     Nope.  If you've gone this far on it chances are you'll go another
     20,000 miles before it packs it in.

     Ross D. Vincenti
     64 Spitfire 4
     64 Porsche 356C Coupe