Re: Swing Spring Lubrication?

To: SSwan60@aol.com
Subject: Re: Swing Spring Lubrication?
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 29 Oct 97 8:25:33
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Scott Swanberg wrote:

>>I just put a swing spring in my '67 GT6.  Seems to work good with the rear
end settling down nicely in the turns.  My question is should I grease in
between the leafs of the spring?  I've read conflicting opinions on this.
 One source said to lube it and another says, because of the thrust bottons
the lubrication is not required.<<

I never heard anyone say it isn*t necessary to grease the leaves.  My manual
calls
for high pressure (graphite) grease, but I would say that in the Big Picture,
this
isn*t exactly a critical requirement.  Depending on how you drive, your mileage
may vary.  But it sounds to me as though the spring is already in the car?
You can*t really grease it in situ ...
--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6