Jumping speedo needle

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Jumping speedo needle
From: HMENTZEN@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 18:59:08 -0500 (EST)
Any ideas on what I should check to correct the bouncing of the speedo needle
on my 79 Spit? The other problem  with the speedo is that I have to tap the
speedometer to get the needle to begin registering the rpm. TIA
Thanks to those people that responded to my questions about doing away with
the monza system (exh) . I installed the falcone stainless system from TRF. I
did have to shorten the back pipe to get the muffler to line up with its
mounts. The sound is different- more subdued but very enjoyable.IMHO

Hans Mentzen
79 Spit   FM92061