Re: Jumping speedo needle

To: HMENTZEN@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Jumping speedo needle
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:50:24 +1100
At 10:59 +1100 28/10/97, HMENTZEN@aol.com wrote:
>Any ideas on what I should check to correct the bouncing of the speedo needle
>on my 79 Spit? The other problem  with the speedo is that I have to tap the
>speedometer to get the needle to begin registering the rpm. TIA
>Thanks to those people that responded to my questions about doing away with
>the monza system (exh) . I installed the falcone stainless system from TRF. I
>did have to shorten the back pipe to get the muffler to line up with its
>mounts. The sound is different- more subdued but very enjoyable.IMHO
>
>Hans Mentzen
>79 Spit   FM92061

A boucing needle sounds like a faulty damper in the speedo and it probably
needs an expert overhaul.

As for the tacho, it is just a suggestion, but the tacho on my 74 TR6 did
not work when I started the car on the weekend.  I reached behind the dash
to see if the drive cable had come loose and while I was pushing and
prodding, the tacho started to work.  I do not know what the problem was,
but it all took less than a minute to fix (I never did find the drive
cable).

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U