Re: BCW

To: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Subject: Re: BCW
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 23:01:23 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Vincenti, Ross wrote:

> Richard Fontaine wrote:

> heavy (or even moderate) traffic on freeways.  I truly admire those who have
> done or will do looonnnnngggg cross country trips in Spits.  Perhaps a TR6
> would be a bit more comfortable.  Let's face it, Spits are TINY!  Still love
> em though.

I made my first cross-country trip by myself in a `63 Spitfire 4, in
1970 (when I was younger and more resilient <g>). Oakland to LA, LA to
Michigan through AZ and NM, the Texas panhandle, up through OK and AR
and MO, Michigan to Massachusetts. The funniest part of it, I think, was
waking up at a rest stop in Oklahoma to the sound of people laughing as
they drove by. In the night, I'd worried and fussed until I found a
marginally comfortable position to sleep (I'm 6'4"):  head on the
driver's seat, padding on the hand brake for my back, butt on the
passenger's seat, legs draped out the passenger door window with calves
and feet below the threshold of the window sill, feet just inches from
pavement level.... <g>

Yeah, might do it again, sometime. After I save money for the
chiropractor. <g>

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....