Re: TR3B engine #-OOPS!

To: "Keith A. Edwards" <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Subject: Re: TR3B engine #-OOPS!
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 09:05:48 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com, cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil
Keith A. Edwards wrote:

Background of thread snipped

> I will have to disagree with the idea that engine numbers should be > or =
> the commission number.
>
> For TSF198L, the numbers are as follows:
>
> engine          TSF50E
> body            TSF/220
> transmission    TSF251 (fully synchronized BTW, as are all the TSFs I have
> heard of)
>
> I have owned TSF198L since 1978, bought from the second owner.  I truly
> doubt there was any engine swap, considering the rarity of the TSF TR3Bs.
>
> I think we may be giving the Forward Radiator Company too much credit (for
> knowing what they were doing).

All Right Keith!  The man has the answer I wanted to hear! He must
really be an all around good guy.

And Bruce's hypothesis on engines getting mixed up at the Forward
Radiator Company makes all the sense in the world.

Maybe my car does have an original engine!?!  BMIHT way come thru after
all.

Thanks for the encouragement guys.  When I get my certificate I will
post the result.  Should be a week or so.

Henry Frye
thefryes@iconn.net
TR3B
TR250's