TR6 Questions.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Questions.
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 97 8:48:27 -0500
Hey All,

        I was stripping all the suspension components off of the frame this
weekend and ran into some problems.

        When I separated the drivers side drive-shaft from the diff a red oily
substance leaked out.  Also that side of the frame was black from oil
being spread on it.

        When I separated the prop-shaft from the diff the same red oily
substance leaked out, but not very much.

        The connection between the passenger-side drive-shaft and the diff was
dry as a bone.

        Has my Diff spring a leak?  How much trouble and I in?  How hard is a
diff rebuild to do?  Should I just open the diff casing to see what the
damage is?

        All in all the car is coming apart very nicely.

Later,
JHD IV