Re: TR3B engine #-OOPS!

To: "Keith A. Edwards" <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Subject: Re: TR3B engine #-OOPS!
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 13:33:50 +0500 (EST)
Cc: thefryes@iconn.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com, cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil
On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Keith A. Edwards wrote:

> Last I knew, neither BMIHT nor anybody else (such as Joel Rosen) had build
>records for the TR3Bs.
> Admittedly it has been about 15 years since I sent in my requests for their
>cerficates.  Back
> then, they cost $5 each, so I sent a check for $25, for my Healey, my
>Princess, my '56 TR3 (now
> gone) and my 2 TR3Bs.  I received two 5 dollar bills with my 3 certificates.
>With my refund was
> a short explanation of "no info on TR3Bs".
>
> I would be _very_ interested if TR3B build information has been "un-earthed".

Well, Keith, there must be something available from somewhere. Some time
ago (early to mid-1980s), when VTR offered such a service, I did have my
TR3B (and the one formerly owned by my now-ex-brother-in-law) researched,
at the same time having sent numbers for my two TR3As.

I don't have any of that in front of me; it's filed at home -- somewhere.
What I can remember, though, is that each record for the TR3A was separate
and each contained pretty much the same information as BMIHT supplies now,
although the presentation currently is much fancier. The information I got
for the TR3Bs was much less detailed, but did include basic specs and
build dates; and the two cars I'd researched, along with someone else's,
were all listed on one sheet of paper!

It may well be that the records of Forward Radiator and, therefore, TR3B
production, are with someone in the Standard Register or some entity other
than BMIHT???

--Andy