Re: Tearing down the TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tearing down the TR6
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 12:49:12 EST
On Sun, 16 Feb 1997 08:10:46 -0600 Tom Di Iulio <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
writes:
>well, i've held off long enough. i drove all winter (houston) and
>now that the weather's good, i've decided to begin a body-off
>restoration. i've read many comments about the haynes and bentley
>manuals as excellent guides during this process. i can't find the
>haynes
>anywhere. haynes says i have to call the uk for a copy. amazon.com
>books
>does not carry it. autozone can't order it. any ideas? i have a tr6
>repair operation manual that was produced by british leyland in '72.
>but what i'm looking for is a step by step direction of how to
>dismantle
>the car, and them put it back together.
>     please respond to the idiot (me) that should have been working on
>the car all winter instead of driving.......
>
>tom 76 tr6

Tom,
While not a "step by step" guide, the Practical Classics' "Triumph TR6
Restorer", distributed in the US by Motorbooks International is very
useful.
Item # 117611AE     $24.95  Phone 1-800-826-6600 visa,mc,ae,dc
Contrary to almost everyone on this list, I feel the Haynes manual is a
more useful guide for a step by step teardown and restoration. I can't
find the Haynes manual anywhere, so surely this fine company would not
object to one of us copying the manual and distributing it to those in
need.
Good Luck,

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA